Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

111mk, I have gained my green card as an assylee, and i am originally

Customer Question
I have gained my green...
I have gained my green card as an assylee, and i am originally from Iran. Now i want to travel to Armenia, and my passport is expired, I would like to renew it, and already called the embassy in washington, (an office they have) they said that i can, I dont want to travel to Iran at all. Shall i do renew my passport, i am becomming a citizen next year. I know for fact it is okay but my mother is kind of worried that the government back in Iran might do something etc...
If i apply for re entree permit will that allow me to get plane ticket and travel, last time i was in Armenia with refugee document they did not accept and looked at my iranian passport.
Let me know in details. This is a 3 week trip
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/28/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Unfortunately, you are not supposed to avail yourself of any of the benefits of your home country including a passport even if you do not go to Iran. You could cause them to reopen your case and look for fraud or perhaps determine that you are no longer in danger and can be returned to Iran. What Asylees do in this type of situation is apply for a Travel Permit on form I-131. This Travel Permit replaces a passport. Here is a link: http://www.uscis.gov/i-131 My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

I got this answer last time and i am not satisfied, when i go to armenia they do not even look at my refuge travel and instead want my real passport. so give me a better option, the travel document itself takes huge time to get.

I'm sorry that you are not satisfied but it is the truth. Would you rather that I told you something that was not true and then you get in trouble for it? I guess you need more proof?

Andreh, you and I have had this conversation before and you refused to rate me back then as well. I don't appreciate spending my time on you (with no salary or compensation) when you refuse to leave a positive rating or even reply to me when I ask about it. I'm sure you do not like working for free either. I understand that you deposited for this service and that you have an expectation to be satisfied, but satisfied does NOT mean good news. It does NOT mean convenient news. What satisfied means is that you get a truthful and correct answer to your question or questions. If you do not believe what I am telling you, how about you take a look at what other attorneys say about this:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-am-an-lpr-through-through-asylum--can-i-use-my-p-1971962.html

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-permanent-resident---via-asylum--renew-their-1781132.html

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/asylee-renewed-national-passport--never-visited-co-479177.html

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/national-passport-for-gc-holders--based-on-asylum--546204.html

Don't read other forums where people answer that are not attorneys. If you want to stay out of trouble, do NOT renew your passport from Iran. Get the Travel Document. That's what it is there for.

I truly hope that you understand that I am trying to help you and keep you out of trouble and that you leave a positive rating for me. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.