Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

A young 21 year old male in ethiopia Africa has a asylum paper

Customer Question
wants to come to the...
a young 21 year old male in ethiopia Africa has a asylum paper wants to come to the usa because his life is in danger had to leave his home land because he excepted Christ as his savior can he get help from the united nations usa
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/27/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
First, does he have a visa to come to the U.S.? Which visa? What country is he from? Where is he now?
no visa he come from Somalia and walked to ethiopa all they gave him was a asylum card
Where did he get that Asylum card? From whom?
they gave him asylum from the un at ethoipa
he is in fear of his life said his parents going to have him killed for his faith in jesus
Then it seems that he is safe in Ethiopia, is he not? It seems Ethiopia has granted him Asylum through the UN so that he can stay in Ethiopia and not have to go back to Somalia. Does that sound about right?
cant aford a phone call I just want to know will the united states help him to come to the usa and what is he going to do all he has is the asylum refugee card..
he said the un there will not help him
he has had no food for a week and no place to stay
Why would the U.S. help him if he is safe from persecution in Ethiopia? It sounds to me like this is a situation no longer of risk of persecution, but just that he is looking for better economic opportunities. I mean I don't want to be difficult and I want to help, but that's what it looks like to me or am I mistaken?
he said he is not safe were he is and needs to go to congo were the Christians can worship jesus with out persicution
ifyou think he is in a area of safety tell me so I can contact him
all I know is he is scared of being killed for his parents wants him dead
i thank you for your advice was not what i expected. im right back were i started and i hate to tell him
im not satisfied with your answers
If he is truly in danger of persecution in Ethiopia and he can prove it, he can apply for Refugee status. Here is a link: http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees And here is another: http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees/questions-answers-refugees He may or may not be resettled in the U.S., but he should at least be resettled to a place where he can worship in peace. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
i guess this metting is done i will not need your services . so stop any further advice...
not satisfied......sorry to take up your time . close me out i will not need any more information
no free trial needed... thank you
i am canceling now
Excuse me, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So it costs you nothing at this point. Also, would you prefer that I not give you the truth and that you give him incorrect information and that he falls victim to persons that take advantage of desperate people?
i don't want that to happen but my hands are tied im in the usa..
that is why i contacted you... but you said he was in a safe place...i wish you could talk to him
his face book page is listed as achrist issaviour
can you contact him
and tell him your advice....
Contacting him directly is what I could have done for the phone call service, but you rejected that which is fine. I understand your frustration, but you shouldn't blame me for what the law states/allows. I gave you the information that you asked for. That there is no easy solution is not my fault. He needs to approach the U.N. or the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia and ask for Refugee status. He would have to prove that he is not safe in Ethiopia either. I wish I had an easier solution for you but at least he now knows what he would need to do. If he is a member of a specific religious organization for at least 2 years outside of the U.S, he may be able to get a similar religious organization in the U.S. to sponsor him for an R-1 visa. That may be another option. Here is a link: http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/r-1-temporary-religious-workers/r-1-temporary-nonimmigrant-religious-workers Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
he said things that i was afraid that he might say now i have to tell him the bad news.. he believes i made a promse to get him out i only said i would try... the lawyer im not blaming its just so heart breaking and i am stuck with a answer to achrist issaviour that will devastate him.... the lawyer did his best . but i am heart broken and he will be also im going to try and send him the link so he can read it....
I understand, but like I said, it may be possible for him to get an R-1 religious worker visa to come to the U.S. if refugee status is not granted. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are NOT charged again and we do NOT finish just because it says, "Rate to finish" or something like that. I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you for your understanding!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.