Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I was petitioned by my US citizen ex husband but was cancelled

Customer Question
due to divorced were married...
I was petitioned by my US citizen ex husband but was cancelled due to divorced were married for 7 years. Now I got remarried to another U.S. Citizen, were married now for almost 6 yrs but has not file a petition for me yet. He is an abusive husband he went to jail twice for domestic violence towards me I'm writing you because I want to know if I can qualify for VAWA . I've been here since 1998 came with tourist visa since my divorce I had 3 misdeamor happened 2008 to 2012 since then I never been in trouble. I have a 13 year old daughter from my ex husband and he got full custody . My first petition lasted 7 years before it got cancelled. I was never granted a permanent residency due to some problems caused by the advice of our lawyer that time. He advised us to get a false paper from the Philippines (annulment paper) Because I was married in the Philippines.)but the INS found out , so my petition was declined for falsification of documents, and we kept appealing every year for 7 years until it got cancelled due to divorce. I have all the papers /documents of that petition. I know my case is a bit complicated that's why I'm here looking for help , I don't work and I only have a little bit money saved. I hope you can look in to my case and hopefully could help me because I'm 44 years old and still no status here , I'm stuck with my abusive husband because he's all I got to live and survive because I can't work., please help me .thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/21/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. What misdemeanors have you been actually been convicted for?
Ely, Counselor at Law