How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108690
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

That is true that people on US with 10 years, paying taxes

Customer Question

That is true that people on US with 10 years, paying taxes and had kids can apply for the law of forgiveness
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You are talking about Cancellation of Removal but it isn't what you think. Let me explain. You have to prove three things to win Cancellation of Removal and if you fail to prove all three, you cannot win the protection. The three things are the following:1) That you have 10 years or more in the U.S.2) That you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that depends upon you.3) That the U.S. Citizen or Resident that depends upon you would suffer EXCEPTIONAL and EXTREMELY UNUSUAL hardship if you were deported. The level of hardship must be more than economic and more than emotional separation hardship. Because the third is so hard to prove, it isn't really something I can recommend unless you are already being deported. Why? Because if you are already in removal proceedings, you have nothing to lose. But if you aren't in removal proceedings and you file for this and lose, then they place you in removal proceedings to deport you. Therefore, I cannot recommend it. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!