How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108681
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** been here years and married to

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** been here for 24 years and married to american woman for 14 years we are separated 4 years i left cause shes so violent she suffers from personality disorder, depresion, bipolar desorder and fibromalgia(this last one she got it from a car wreck 2 years ago ) we got 2 girls 7 and 14 she always neglet her children from the bigenning, when i decide to start a relation ship with her she had 3 girls that i took care of, but now they are gone and married only my 2 girls stay with her, but im so worried cause the mom don mesure when she gets violent i doing this cause i report the neglet to families services and they dont want to help cause my status , my 7 year old kid was suffering for 30 days of tummy ackes i let her mom know and she just told me no to worry about she had a doctor apoinntment for next month last saturday my kid askme at 3 on the morning to take her to the hospital so i did took her after they did the test she end up having intestine infeccion i got recording of her moms violent moments and her kids witness ing inapropiate beihavior on her i never apply for a inmigration document cause of her personality changes
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I am sorry to hear about these problems. How did you enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country are you from? How long ago did you enter the U.S.? How old were you when you entered the U.S.? Can you prove that she has physically abused you or abused you emotional to an EXTREME degree? How? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi i enter ilegally im from mexico and i been here for 24 years and i was 22 years old when i got here i had proof on my left tumb where she cut me with a butcher nife and a police report when she try to chocke me i had marks all aover my neck and recording when she treat me to call inmigration
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and a recording where she yells a me and punch me
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Then you need to take that proof and file an I-360 as a battered spouse. Here is a link to that: And here is a link in Spanish: If your I-360 is approved, then you can file an I-485 in order to obtain U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you so much ,sorry i had a problem with my account
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, but please do not forget to rate me positively so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions