How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28923
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judith, I work wholly owned subsidiary, the parent

Customer Question

Hi Judith, I work for a wholly owned subsidiary, the parent of which is eVerified. The subsidiary has the same work location as the parent. When asked my company said the subsidiary doesn't warrant another eVerify number. Is it safe to file a STEM extension?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
Does the subsidiary have a different employer identification number from the parent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
It seems to me that your company has what is called an umbrella account that would include wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company and therefore,, each individual company does not have to be e-Verified.See this link 4.Verify this with HR and you should be covered.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith