Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

What are the steps brother to apply status

Customer Question
What are the steps for...
What are the steps for a brother to apply for immigration status for his sister? The sister already resides in the U.S., and has been in the U.S. for many years, but does not have a green card. The sister and brother are over age 50.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/18/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
This is not a good situation for many reasons. Let me ask a few questions:
1) The brother is a U.S. Citizen?
2) The sister was born in what country?
3) How did the sister enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa?
4) If she entered with a visa, has her stay expired? When?
5) When did she enter the U.S.?
6) How old was she when she entered the U.S.?
7) Did she have an I-130, I-140, or Labor Certification filed for her or under which she was named as a child, on or before April 30, 2001?
Please answer each question as it is important and do not be afraid to answer. I will not ask for any personal information like name, etc.
Hello Mr. Senmartin,Thanks for your quick reply. I do understand the need for more information; I will need to contact the brother to get the information and then follow-up with you. I think that they realize that it's not a good situation and want to figure out how to resolve, if they can. How should I contact you once I have the answers to these questions? Thanks.
Just respond here. Take your time. You are not limited and your question does not expire. I will be around. I may have some good news as well because of some recent PROPOSED changes, but I still need that information to at least tell them how long it will take because it will probably take a number of years before she can get Residency through him.
Hello. Just checking in. Were you able to get that information for me?
Hello, I don't have the answers yet. I was hoping to see the person in church on Sunday but did not see him. I will have to wait until Sunday to get the answers.
As a side note, I noticed on my bank statement that my account was charged $5 and $43 but I have not yet received an answer for the $43 charge. Can you please arrange to reverse the $43 charge until I have actually received an answer and accepted it? I will call the toll free number as well, if that's easier. Thanks.
Unfortunately, that's not the way it works. You pay first, then later, when you are satisfied, you leave a positive rating for me (not the website) and that way the website compensates me from a small part of the deposit that you made. Your question does not expire, so take your time. If you want to want a refund, you can ask for one at any time, no questions asked and they will give you back 100% of your funds, but your question with me will close. So don't worry, just leave it open and get me the information when you can. Thank you.
I will re-read the fee disclosure language on the website and follow-up as needed. Thanks!
No problem. I will be here. Thank you.
Hello there. Any word?
It's a shame that you do not want to respond. You aren't going to find such detailed help from a licensed professional for more economic of a price. I do hope you respond. You won't be disappointed.
Ely, Counselor at Law