How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied I-130 brother and family in 1996. Case Number

Customer Question

I applied I-130 for my brother and family in 1996. Case Number *****(###) ###-#### ***** immigration came through in 2008. My brother could not leave but he wants to come to US now. Is it possible to restart it and does he have wait another 12 or 13 years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Your brother was born in Mexico? When you say it came through in 2008, does not mean that the I-130 was approved in 2008 or that his other relatives immigrated in 2008? I may have some bad news for you because he would have had a year to seek to enter the U.S., so it may be too late. Just please do not blame me if she news is bad.