How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

American w/fiance in Canada. Professionals with jobs at own

Customer Question

American w/fiance in Canada. Professionals with jobs at own country. Best options for perm. residence? Best options for marriage? Can both perm. residencies be gotten at the same time? We must be able to travel outside the other's country due to jobs we will each be keeping through home country.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
What you want to do is extremely complicated and I can only answer the process are it relates to filing for US permanent resident status.Canada law is totally different and only a Canada Law expert would know that law.Please let me know if you want to proceed with the US process. I will have several questions I will need answered before I can assess whether it is possible to do what you want to do.Judith