Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Can we apply visa renewal being in US.

Customer Question
Can we apply for E3...
Can we apply for E3 visa renewal being in US.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/17/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. QUESTION: Can we apply for E3 visa renewal being in US ANSWER: You cannot apply for renewal of the visa because these are only done at the US consulate. But if your I-94 that you received when you entered the US is still valid, you can apply for an extension of STATUS (not VISA) from inside the US. If the visa stamp is expired but your I-94 is still valid, there is no problem. The visa is only important when you are entering the US. It can expire while you are in the US. The I-94 is the important document once you are in the US. Once you leave the US and the visa is expired, then you need a new visa stamp from the consulate. To apply for an extension of status from within the US, you need to file Form I-129. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi Alka,
I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer