Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My friend's nephew was caught crossing the border in Roma,

Customer Question

My friend's nephew was caught crossing the border in Roma, Texas he was detained and we think he will get deported. Is there a way that we can keep him here like may paying some type of bond. he is young and from Guatemala. His brother is here on a visa for asylum.
thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. Please answer the following: How old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
19 years ol
OK, so he is an adult for removal purposes. Thank you. Did he also apply for asylum? On what basis was his brother granted asylum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No he did not...his brother political asylum
OK. I am available for a phone call at 2PM central time today. Is that OK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I work and am on my way to work.
It appears your payment failed anyway, so no phone call was set up. Would you like me to send you another offer?
Since it appears you are no longer interested in the Additional Services phone call, how would you like to proceed? Would you prefer that we continue the conversation here, through this Q&A?