Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I misplace my paper I would like to find the date I became

Customer Question
a legal us citizen. I...
I misplace my paper I would like to find the date I became a legal us citizen. I forgot the date and the number. Cand someone help me please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/14/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. QUESTION: I misplace my paper I would like to find the date I became a legal us citizen. I forgot the date and the number. Cand someone help me please ANSWER: There are only a couple of ways to find out your naturalization date, and both of them take months to get a result. Unfortunately, I cannot find that information for you because I am not your attorney and I am not you. You can either make a FOIA request (Freedom of Information Act) for your entire immigration file, or you can apply for a Replacement Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship by filing form N-565. For the FOIA request, you can go here: http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/freedom-information-and-privacy-act-foia/how-file-foia-privacy-act-request/how-file-foiapa-request To apply for a replacement citizenship/naturalization form, you can go here: http://www.uscis.gov/n-565 You may be able to call the USCIS to find out this information, but generally, it is not given over the phone because it is confidential information and it is too difficult to confirm your identity over the phone. The number is ***** - 375 - 5283. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer