How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3951
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To James James After you gave the information that I

Customer Question

to James Hello James After you gave the information that I don't need to issue a new Visa I checked today with the US embassy in Riyadh, and they confirmed with me that I need to do so .Unfortunately wrong information has disturbed my plan and delay me
papers and this will affect the start of my study at the university. This is not accepted from you and I will complain to your management.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, they were wrong. Here is the exact information, provided by the Department of Homeland Security, which has jurisdiction over ICE and the USCIS: You can see CLEARLY in the last paragraph under Part 2.3 that is says: "If the student’s visa is valid, the student does not need a new visa if returning to the United States within five months of the exit date." So what I told you was NOT incorrect. I do not know what Riyadh was thinking, but the information I gave you comes directly from the USCIS. It is quite possible that Riyadh did not understand your question, or they did not understand your issue, or they just wanted to make it easier and tell you to request a new visa. Or perhaps you gave me incomplete information. Either way, the response I provided you was based on the information you gave me, and the answer I gave you is supported by the exact information published by the USCIS.

Related Immigration Law Questions