How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109669
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter asked me if I could sponsor her husband, my son-in-law.

Customer Question

My daughter asked me if I could sponsor her husband, my son-in-law. I did not file my 2012 and 2013 taxes until recently so when I was asked for transcripts of the taxes, they are not available. I gave the attorney all of my w2's and the three years of my filed tax returns but she says without the transcripts they will not be acceptable. Should my son-in-law find a different sponsor? I don't want to be he reason he cannot get his green card. It could take weeks to get the tax documents he needs. If he sends the paperwork without the transcripts, just the copies of the taxe returns, will it automatically be turned down?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. If you look closely at the 6th page of the I-864, #14 says that turning in the last 2nd and 3rd year of taxes is option. So only the last year, 2014, are required: So turn in the following to the attorney and that should be enough: 1) Last (2014) income taxes and W-2s and/or 1099s2) Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs3) Last 3 to 6 bank statements4) Employer letter on company letterhead stating position and salary and time with the company and prospects for continued employment in the near future With all of those things you should be fine. If those things will be a problem to get, then it may be best to find a Joint Sponsor which can be any U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that is over 18 and makes enough money. It does not have to be a family member nor a household member. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!