How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108706
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am working large india based MNC on H1-

Customer Question

I am working for a large india based MNC on H1-B Visa with LCA of a client organization.
My current petition 2012-2015 and visa expires on 30 Sep 2015.
However, I still have 3 more years for completing the 6 years.
Visa extension is in process and taken care of by the employer.
Wanted to check regarding some points.
1) At this juncture, if there is a client change, will it impact my current visa status?
2) If I change my employer, how long would it take for H1-B Transfer? Am i allowed to work
while the process of transfer is in progress?
3) If i resign from my current employer, how many days buffer do i get to maintain my visa
status here?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. 1) Yes, but "impact" is a broad word. A change in client should be accompanied by an H-1B amendment. 2) Probably 2 to 4 months, but you can begin working for the new employer as soon as they receive the I-129. Also, you may want to look into the possibility of doing Premium Processing. 3) None. There used to be a 30 day grace period that was "unofficial". Now there isn't even that. Any transfer you have to at least file before you move on. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions