How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3933
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the 4th year of a J1 visa on the

Customer Question

'For Judith' Hello I am in the 4th year of a J1 visa on the exchange visitor program. I would like to switch to an H1B even though I still have 2 years left on the fellowship and I got into the fellowship on a J1. Is this doable? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Does your j1 have a 2 year home residency rule attached to it? It will be annotated on your DS-2019 and visa stamp as "INA 212e applies" Judith

Related Immigration Law Questions