How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12304
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance just returned back to italy after a 3mo visitor visa

Customer Question

my fiance just returned back to italy after a 3mo visitor visa he wants to come back if you gets another visitor visa can we get married within that time and i being a usa citizen start paperwork as a spouse without any hassle we want to do this without any restrictions we are willingly doing this it is not for immigration purposes it just so happens that it worked out this way
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. MY ANSWER: A visitor who enters the US as a visitor, with non-immigrant intent, can later change their mind, get married, and start the marriage based immigration process by applying for adjustment of status to permanent resident. But coming to the US as a visitor, intending to immigrate to the US permanently, is a violation of immigration law. He can be charged with visa fraud. So while a person can come to the US as a visitor and later change his mind, if he intends to come to the US for the purpose of getting married, he should go through the fiance visa process. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If you do not, please do not forget to give me credit for doing my job by giving me a positive customer service rating (3 or more stars). I am sure you would agree that you would like to get credit for doing your job; I am no different. So please do not forget to do that. Even if you've given me a positive rating, you can always continue to ask follow-up questions, if you need more assistance with this subject. Thank you!