How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28828
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judith, I need to expedite my "STEM OPT" request(http://w

Customer Question

Hi Judith, I need to expedite my "STEM OPT" request( I received I 797-C notice on 21st May. May be a letter would help.
Real reason - If I do not get it expedited, I might not be able to go to India and loose the girl ...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Are you serious? You need to get your OPT expedited so you can go to India to see your gf because she cannot wait another 4 weeks or she will leave you? Judith
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Well, I guess that could fall under humanitarian extraordinary circumstance from your perspective..I'm not sure the adjudicator would see it that way so you will need to come up with something more creative.Is there any medical condition she or other immediate family member is being treated for? Judith
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can it be mother, father, brother, sister, sister in law and brother in law? Can any other relative's condition help? Would something like hospitalization for fever for any of them be sufficient? And would I have to show some proof from India for any these medical condition? If yes then what type of proof be sufficient?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
You need the hospital and medical records for the ill person in India as evidence of humanitarian situation which merits USCIS moving your application head of the others.Here is the USCIS link which outlines the Expedite Criteria it could be any relative with whom you have a close relationship with.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith