How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12063
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you have any attorneys who can take on a suit against an

Customer Question

Do you have any attorneys who can take on a suit against an immigration lawyer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, this is not an attorney referral service. We are attorneys who can answer questions about your immigration-related situation, be we are not permitted to take on customers as clients in our private practice. Do you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer for you, other than whether we have attorneys that can assist you? I can provide information about how to find an immigration attorney to consult with, or finding a lawyer that can assist you in a malpractice case against an attorney.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Yes, thank you. I would like to find a lawyer who can assist me in a malpractice case against an attorney.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm looking for someone in the Bay Area (southbay) San Jose, CA area.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
OK. Kindly remember to rate my customer service - not the outcome, which I cannot control - before leaving this site. Otherwise, I get no credit for assisting you. Thank you! Here is a list of attorneys with whom you can consult about your case: The best way to approach this situation is to contact the state bar in the state in which you live. You can file a complaint against that attorney through the State Bar of California as well: The state bar is the licensing and regulating agency for attorneys in California. It will investigate complaints for legitimacy and take action against an attorney that is found to have failed in his/her professional responsibilities and/or duties. The following link is for Lawyer Referral Services in California, organized by county: You can go through that search to find an attorney to assist you. And here you can find a similar lawyer referral service through the Bar Association of San Fransisco: Using any or a combination of these resources, you should be able to find an attorney to assist you, as well as to file a complaint with the State Bar of California, which will investigate and if necessary based on the findings, penalize the attorney. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Were you able to view those links OK?
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I think we are experiencing some technical issues. I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****
Your advice was excellent I do however want to know what the charges are
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jon. I see you found my advice excellent, which I appreciate. But did you find my service excellent as well? Also, what do you mean by the "charges?" What charges?

Related Immigration Law Questions