Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My Chinese Finance has two children, 10 and 12 years of age.

Customer Question

My Chinese Finance has two children, 10 and 12 years of age. She has an interview in one week for a K1 visa. Does she need a document from her ex-husband before the embassy will grant her AND her children visas?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.If her ex- husband is on the children's birth certificates as their parent she needs either one of the following:1. A Court order from Chinese court giving her full physical custody of the children; or2. A letter of consent from the father of the children giving his permission for the children to accompany her to the US to immigrate.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith