Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Crime victim

Customer Question

crime victim
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What issue are you having? Are you asking if you can qualify for the U visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there statute limitation,for immigration benefite for a crime victim.i was victim of crime I 1996,can I still fille for working permit
Thank you for responding. Here is an official link: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs_u_visa_certification_guide.pdf As you can read on the 11th page, there is no statute of limitations. You can even get a U visa from a closed case. But you must help the police or prosecutor with the case and they would have to certify that help. Here is another link: http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/victims-human-trafficking-other-crimes/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1998 I was before the juge of immigration.i fail to prouf my asylment.case,and ask for venlanture departure,after missing the first court date in 1996 when I was in hospital bet .can I still fille for u nonimmigrant visa......
According to this link, you can: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/foia/dro_policy_memos/vincent_memo.pdf Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DO I need a lawyer for help ,or there s feet to pay to fille this application u nonimmigrant
You do not need a lawyer, but it is recommended to have one, especially since it has been so long. You can look for one at www.ailalawyer.com. There is no USCIS filing fee. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are NOT charged again and we do NOT finish just because it says, "Rate to finish" or something like that. I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you for your understanding!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.