Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My mom has B1/B2 visa type R. What does it mean? Can She go to Mexico…

Customer Question
My mom has B1/B2 visa...
My mom has B1/B2 visa type R. What does it mean? Can She go to Mexico for example during her stay in the USA? She is from Uzbekistan
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/2/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.B1/B2 R just means it is a "regular" visitor visa with no special restrictions.Yes, your mother may go to visit Mexico but she will not reset her 6 month period of authorized stay When she goes to Mexico she will return and still have the same date of departure she received when she entered the US originally.So she cannot use a trip to Mexico to buy her additional time in the US>I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith