Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Sir MY wife she made a mistake on her mom and father in

Customer Question
hi sir MY wife she...
hi sir MY wife she made a mistake on her mom and father in the certificate of married we get married in the court after they send the paper we find out they switdh the name of her mum and father and I am going to apply for a green card based married sow can I use it or no
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
I am going to apply for a green card based married because my wife is us citiziens but I just find out their id a mistake in the certificate of married in my wife said becaue they switsh between the name of her mom and the name o her father . sow can I apply for my green card or I have to wait untel to fix the mistake
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/29/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer. I am a little confused. She put her mother's name down as her maiden name? or the last name of her father should have been the last name of her mother?Does she have her birth certificate with correct mother and father name?I have sent you an offer for a telephone discussion and it will be iny our mail box.
I have sent you an offer for a telephone discussion. Please check your email box and after you accept a private information box will appear in the question thread and we can share our contact into.
Judith
They switsh in the. Name of the mom they put the name of the father in the. Certificate of marriage
Is that ok. Can I send it to the immigration or not
Yes, you can send it to USCIS with a copy of her birth certificate and a letter of explanation that the Clerk of the Court made an error and switched the names by mistake.In the meantime, if you can go to the courthouse and see the clerk with your wife and take with you her birth certificate and request that the Clerk correct their error.Then when you go on the interview take with you the corrected marriage Certificate.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
But she didn't born here in USA I send the copy of her us passport is that ok and I didn't send the copy of the second court certificate marriage I receive from. The court after 2 weeks but I send the first one the officer he gave me when we get married there is on in only my name and her name is ***** *****
Her passport does not have both parents names on it. I don't understand about a second court certificate. Did they issue a corrected marriage certificate?
Yes there is 2 kind of certificate marked the first one the officer give it to me in the first day when we get married the second the court send it to me after 2 weeks in this second one there is a name of our both parent where hapend I send the first one to the uscis because it shows only my name and her name and we get married right after that I received the certificate of Maried from the court in this second onetheir is a mistake on the name of the mom of my wife and the name of her father my question is are they going to accept the first certificate issue from the officer or not
No the first one is not the recorded marriage license. It is just a certificate of marriage. The USCIS is going to send out a RFE asking for the actual recorded marriage license which will the the second one which has the seal of the court on it. You will need to get that corrected.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Sow can I send the second one with a mistake on it it's not is that ok my name and her name are correct are they going to reject it if I send it
I have already answered this that you need to get this fixed. It is a legal document and the USCIS is going to look at the marriage license that is recorded and also compare it to the G-325A biographic information your wife filled out for the paperwork. Everything needs to match. I am a DC licensed lawyer as well asan immigration lawyer and I know what I am telling youJudith
I have a question about the petition for correction of marriage licence where I can notirazed this paper work
The court clerk can notarize the petition for correction.They have the power to notarize it but you and your wife will need to appear together.Judith
After that I have to go to the court to the juje for the order right after that I have to send it where
juje??????? I don't understand. Judith
Juge
After that you will send it to the address for the National Benefits Center or the address on your I-797 fee receipt. If you get the RFE then you will respond and send it to the address on the RFE.Judith
May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith
they get my paper work in the uscis 2 days ago can you tel me whats going to hapend later I mean the process
I have taken a good deal of time to understand your original question and then to provide you information on how to fix your problem. Your original question:
can I apply for my green card based married with this certifiecate of married . the mistake is in the mom and father or my wife said they switsh it"
You don't seem to be satisfied with the answer because you did not provide a rating for that question and my answer to it.
Now you are asking a totally different question about the process> That has nothing to do with your mistake on your marriage license.
The JustAnswer rules require you to post a new question thread for new issues. You are now asking about a new issue and I have to work by the rules or I can loose my job.
You can rate this question thread and begin a new question thread with "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer it.
Thank you for using the website.
Judith