How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108661
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning i made a mistake on my k1 app i only listed my

Customer Question

good morning i made a mistake on my k1 app i only listed my last divorce and not the prior i did not understand from the legal person to list all and not just the last one. at interview wasshe rejected because info not complete on i129 case sent back to uscis in ca to correct how long will this take to fix with this issue ??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. It is possible. What evidence did you and she submit that the relationship is real? How long have you been in a relationship? When was the last time you saw her? When was the interview?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
Did you or she receive the letter as to why she was rejected? Plus I still need the answers to the other questions that I asked so that I can help you.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
As I said, I do not know why you are not responding, but I will give you the information that I have in this regard. Hopefully you will appreciate that I have tried to help you. Obviously, there is something that they found that they did not like. It may be just that error that you didn't list the divorce and you need to submit all divorce decrees. It does not mean that everything is lost. Here is what generally happens after the Embassy or Consulate makes a 221(g) finding:The Petition is returned to the U.S. for further review.When the petition is received by the NVC, it is reviewed and entered into their database.It is then sent to the local USCIS service center where the petition was originally filed and approved.Then the Local service center receives returned petition and sends a notice of receipt to you.The Local service center then reviews the returned petition and any consular officer notes on the case.If the Local service center agrees , then they send either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to you also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.You are given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence depending on what the original findings were which we assume is in regards ***** ***** omitted divorce. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter that they send you.If you send back the requested evidence in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either original approval is reaffirmed or the petition is officially denied.If the petition is denied the local service center sends you an 'official' denial letter. This can be officially appealed if the denial letter states such.If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends you an official notice of reaffirmation.Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.Consulate notifies your fiancée of a new interview date.She has an interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is either issued, or the case is placed in Administrative Processing which after it has cleared, a visa is issued. Now the things that you should do at this point is have your fiancée send you a copy of the 221(g) that was issued, then hire an attorney to help you through the above process. You can go to first to find one. Another tactic would be to immediately contact the consulate or embassy over the phone and ask that the senior consular officer review the file before it is sent back overseas. Obviously this has to be done quickly. If you can't get through by phone, try email. Also, you can contact your congressman/senator, get them involved immediately. Here is a link to help you do that: So as you see, you have some options. Not all is lost. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Related Immigration Law Questions