Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am an Australian who wishes to obtain an E3 visa to gain…

Customer Question
I am an Australian who...
I am an Australian who wishes to obtain an E3 visa to gain entry into the US. My question is in regards ***** ***** - I understand the company sponsoring you has to declare that they will pay you a certain wage, however I am assisting in setting up this business and getting it off the ground and I am financially independent from my many businesses and investment properties in Australia.
My question is: If my sponsor for the E3 Visa simply says that they will pay me a certain wage and then doesn't, is there anyway anyone will find out about this? For example when I complete my US tax return and declare no US income earned will my E3 visa be revoked? or is there a better visa I should be applying for?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/23/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
What you are proposing is visa fraud.
You would be surprised at how USCIS and the consulate finds out information.
Don't think you can scam the US government for a visa.
Think twice about your idea and if the company is successful there is o reason for it not to pay you the prevailing wage to comply with the law.
Judith

I am not attempting to commit visa fraud, I simply want to know which visa I should then be applying for if I am not expecting this company to be making money immediately and if I can financially support myself.

Perhaps an investors visa or a business owners visa?