How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12059
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is a citizen of Ukaraine now living in

Customer Question

My friend is a citizen of Ukaraine now living in Malaysia. She has a US visa Type (R B1/B2). It will expire in 2017 (multiple entry). She is planning on a visit to USA next month. How long can she stay in USA? Would there be an issue if she comes with a one way ticket?
What does the R B1/B2 on the Visa Type/class mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.
QUESTION: How long can she stay in USA?
ANSWER: A person who enters on a visitor visa is eligible to be admitted to the US for up to 6 months stay at the time of entry. I say "up to" because that is the maximum allowed with a B1/B2 visa. Note, however that just because it is a maximum time does not mean that the officer is required to give the visitor 6 months. Sometimes they give less. It is at the officer's discretion. But again, the officer can give only UP TO 6 months.
QUESTION: Would there be an issue if she comes with a one way ticket?
ANSWER: It could be a problem because it indicates to the officer at the border that the person does not have an intention to depart at any specific time, which could mean they have immigrant intent. That is not allowed and could result in a denial of entry to the US.
QUESTION: What does the R B1/B2 on the Visa Type/class mean?
ANSWER: It means "regular B1/B2 visa." A B1/B2 visa is for a visitor for pleasure or business.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I think we are experiencing some technical issues. I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions