How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 117371
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What will I need to immigrate to Mexico from the US?

Customer Question

What will I need to immigrate to Mexico from the US?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
To obtain permanent resident status in Mexico you must meet one of the following qualifications:
1) Applicants with ties to Mexican Citizens or foreigners (Non Mexican) residing in Mexico with temporary or permanent residency status
2) Applicants with job offer; stating the occupation, physical address, temporarily and proof of future employer ID registration number within Mexico Immigration
3) Retired Applicants who can prove a monthly income or pension over $2,500.00, U.S.
4) Applicants with Temporary Residency for four years
5) Applicants with investments or bank accounts averaging over $100.000.00, U.S. per month
You have to apply for your visa through the Mexican Consulate in your area outside of Mexico first.
Then once you apply for your visa, the consulate has to submit the documentation for the permanent resident status to the immigration office in the Mexican state where you will reside. You will then have to appear at the immigration office in Mexico for your interview and your criminal background check. You have to be a temporary resident for 4 years before they grant permanent status, so for that 4 years you must keep going to the immigration office and paying about $250 to renew your temporary resident status.

Related Immigration Law Questions