Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I got my green card through employer in April 2013. I marry…

Customer Question
I got my green card...
I got my green card through employer in April 2013. I marry a U.S. citizen in June of 2015. What is the earliest time I become eligible for citizenship?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/21/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Congratulations on your marriage!You may apply after you have been married for 3 years or after 5 years based on your 2013 adjustment of status, which ever is sooner.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith