Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

IAM CURRENTLY ON SHORT TERM DISSABILITY. MY PETETION WAS APPROVED. BUT MY DOCTOR WILL NOT…

Customer Question
IAM CURRENTLY ON SHORT TERM...
IAM CURRENTLY ON SHORT TERM DISSABILITY. MY PETETION WAS APPROVED. BUT MY DOCTOR WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO RETURN TO WORK DUE TO 3 HEART ATTACKS THIS YEAR. MY PETETION WAS APPROVED FOR MY FIANCE. I WAS WORKING BEFORE FULL TIME WHEN I STARTED THE PROCESS. I FEAR THAT I WILL NOT MEET THE AFFADAVIT OF SUPPORT DUE TO ME WAITING ON SSDI. CAN YOU HELP ME? I AM TRULY HEARTBROKEN AND MY MOTHER IS AT MY HOUSE IN HOSPICE LOT OF HEARTBREAK. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/19/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
Did you already file an I-864 for her or only the I-134?
What is the I-184?
I mean I-864? Did not do the I-134 yet?
I've not sent any Affidavit of Support...either one that you listed.
If you do not make enough, you can look for a Joint Sponsor for the financial aspect of the case. This Joint Sponsor must also file the same Affidavit of Support that you do and submit the same evidence that you still have to submit. The Joint Sponsor can be any U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that is over the age of 18 that makes the minimum amount. It does not have to be a family member or a household member.
Or you can use 1/3 the value of any asset that you own in order to qualify. So for example, if you have to show $20,000, if you have an asset with an equity value of $60,000 or more, that would work.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have sent it to you again. Thank you.
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
If you did not receive the offer, please let me know and I will send it again. If it is too much, I may be able to lower it, but please understand that is it a live phone call with a licensed attorney. Thank you for your understanding.