How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29028
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have been married years now last year

Customer Question

my husband and I have been married for 6 years now last year I found out that he is still married in his own country I file for him through immigrations in 2010 he received his green card a permanent resident card in 2012 I have now since last year file for an annulment I have not gone to court yet but I want to know what will happen will he be removed from the United States or what will happen to him
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Once your annulment is final you need to write a letter and request USCIS to re-open our Petition for him based on him having a legal wife and not being eligible to marry you.Provide a copy of the Decree of Annulment and as much information about him such as his full name, date and place of birth, if you know his A# ***** his green card, put that down. Give USCIS his current address if you have it.USCIS will re-open the petition you filed and his adjustment of status and revoke your petition and his adjustment. He will be put into removal proceedings to be sent back to his country.I am so sorry you have to go through this after thinking you were legally married for all theses 6 years. It is a heart breaker. Stay on the course and follow through with the annulment and then notify USCIS>It would be best if you make an InfoPass appointment with the local USCIS office where he was interviewed if it is not too inconvenient, otherwise you can mail it to themI see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith.