Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

MY son was petitioned April, 2005 and approved November 2005…

Customer Question
MY son was petitioned April...
MY son was petitioned April, 2005 and approved November 2005 as a child of immigrant. But, I became a citizen prior to his 5th year waiting period. When I became CITIZEN HE BECOME AND ADULT NOT MARRIED. II UPGRADED HIS STATUS FOM F2 TO F1. HOW LONG YOU THINK I WAIT FOR THE PRIORITY DATE...FROM PHILIPPINES
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/18/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
What country was he born in?
I am not sure why you are not responding. Take a look at this link:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-july-2015.html
In F1 the date is 2000 while in F2B, the date is 2004. In other words, if he stays single and opts out of the F1 category to stay in F2, he would only have to wait another year or so. If he does not opt out and he remains in F1, then he would have another 5 years or so to wait. Here is a link to the process to inform the National Visa Center (NVC) that you want to opt out:
http://www.mosquedalaw.com/IMM%20132.htm
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.