Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

There I am a U.S. Citizen I recently applied

Customer Question
Hello there I am a U.S...
Hello there
I am a U.S. Citizen
I recently applied for my father to get green card and its approved so far, but now I don't want him to come
My question is this:
I'm looking for a way that nor my father neither immigration officer find out that I don't want my father to come, but immigration officer dismiss the case
The last letter I have gotten from immigration office is about the place I choose for my father to go for the interview
So basically, what would destroy the interview?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/18/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hi, I am James. I'll be helping you today. While we are working together, please keep in mind that I do not get a salary here. I only get credit for doing my job when you give me a positive rating. So please do not forget to do that before you leave the site today.
Since the visa has not yet been issued, you can withdraw the petition for your father.
All you have to do is send a copy of the approval notice with a letter explaining that you want to withdraw the I-130 petition you filed for your father. Send it to the address listed on the actual I-130 petition.
Once the petition is withdrawn, your father has no basis on which to immigrate to the US. Now, because the I-130 petition is yours and yours only, the USCIS should not inform your father that you withdrew it. However there is no guarantee that it will be kept a secret. Eventually, he will know that he is not eligible for a visa anymore, and he can find out that there is no basis for a visa application because he no longer has a valid I-130. So even if the USCIS does not tell him about the I-130 because it is yours and that is confidential, it is possible that he could find out in his own case.
One other option is, sometimes, if a person does not take action on their petition for 1 year, the immigration authorities will cancel any visa process, including the I-130 petition. You can hope that happens if nobody acts on the case for some time. But that is not always guaranteed.
So the only way to guarantee that the I-130 is canceled is by informing the USCIS that you want to withdraw the sponsorship.
I hope that answers your questions. Please keep in mind that I do not get a salary. So I depend on you to help p me get credit for doing my job. You do that by giving me a positive rating for my customer service (not the outcome, which I cannot control). So please do not leave the site until you've given a rating.
If you have additional questions about this topic, you can continue this conversation at no cost by clicking REPLY.
If you ever need future help, please come back to Just Answer and write "FOR JAMES" in your question. That way I am sure to answer your questions.
Thank you!
Thanks for the respond.
Actually my question was a way that neither immigration office nor my father find out about this. I want a way that something goes wrong on the interview, because he suspected that I wouldn't apply for him and he have not had received any letter so far; therefore he would make sure that I did't apply for him or I cancel the case. I want to go back to my country and visit my family and friends, I afraid to be in danger by then
I know this case is kind of strange for you but he forced me to apply for him but if he comes here there would be some difficulty even security problem.
Please help me with this matter, I'm really confused and really need help.
I've told you the only way you can do what you want with success. I can't tell you to lie to the immigration authorities or make things up about your father. And I cannot make anything up for you. You've already gone too far sot he only way to stop it now is for him to do something major, or for you to tell them you want to cancel your sponsorship.I cannot just make things up to make you happy. I have to be honest with you.What is the security issue with your father coming?
I don't want to make things up, I just think it's not necessary for the immigration to know everything about my father.is it going to be secure everything that I tell you about my father? I mean just between you and me?
If there is something that you or your father are not admitting to that you were asked to, that is going to be a problem for him.No, this is not secure. But once we've completed this conversation, we can close the question and make it private. Also note that this security issue might be the key to keeping him from coming to the US. If you are certain you do not want him to come, perhaps you might tell me what it is and that is a way to stop his immigration.
I didn't understand your fist line, would you please explain it to me?
So there are people seeing our conversation (I mean other than website provider, other people like me?)
Is there any information from me in here? or just my name?
I'm saying if there is a security concern for you, then it should be a security concern for your father's case. And if he did not admit it when asked, then that is going to be a problem for him. And it would stop his immigration.As for privacy of this, if someone searches for specific phrases like you would in a Google search, it can come up. But not even your name shows up here. Just the conversation. There is no identifying information. But I cannot keep going back and forth about the privacy issue. We need to decide whether you want to continue or not and then move on to finish this discussion.
He recently becomes very extreme muslim (like ISIS), He's against Christianity. I'm not sure about anything, But I afraid he does something crazy when he comes here. But I don't want immigration office to know that, he is my father after all.
Well, I don't know what to tell you. If they do a background check and they don't find anything in his record and you allow it to continue, then he will immigrate to the US. The only way to guarantee that does not happen is to actively stop the process. Only you can decide that. I cannot do that for you. I can only give you information to answer your question, and I did that. The rest is up to you.
Almighty
Thank anyways
No problem. I wish I could handle this whole thing for you, but unfortunately, that is not something this site is for. We are here to provide general information. My recommendation is to think carefully about what is more important - the safety of what could be thousands of people? Or your father being upset with you.Either way, please do not forget to give me credit for this conversation by giving me a positive rating for my customer service (not the outcome, which I cannot control).Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer