Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I talk to a guy he's from Nigeria but lives and works as a…

Customer Question
I talk to a guy...
I talk to a guy he's from Nigeria but lives and works as a chef in Dubai for the past 3-4 years. I do know that is true because we have skyped while he has been at work in his work uniform and also around some of the other employees I have talked with. He also rents an apartment there. I am an american citizen born and raised here. We have been talking a while now and we want to get married. He wanted me to come there to live but I am in an accredited registered nursing program. I do not want to move out of the United States until I have my nursing degree. I feel it would be better for him to come here and for us to get married and we can leave the United States when I am finished with my degree. We have never met in person yet. So, im guessing a fiance visa is out of the question. Based on info I have given u, do we have a chance of him obtainig a visitors visa? Me going to Dubai and visit is a last resort. Please give me your feed back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/17/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today.
Why have you not met in person? IS there any specific reason?
Ely, Counselor at Law