Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I came here 19 years ago on a F1 Visa but I fell out of status and now am applying

Customer Question

I came here 19 years ago on a F1 Visa but I fell out of status and now am applying for the Green card lottery Form DS-260 how should I respond to this question Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa? I have been living here continuously for 19 years
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
You do understand that even if you win the lottery, you cannot use it to get Residency without leaving the U.S.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I know
Ok. Just be aware of that. Anyway, the answer to the question, "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?" would be yes. You have overstayed and violated the terms of your visa. You may not have unlawful presence because you had D/S on your stay which is duration of stay, so IF you win the lottery, you may be able to leave the U.S. without having an automatic penalty to come back. Good luck!
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.