How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12063
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there an attorney I can speak to about getting a visa to

Customer Question

Is there an attorney I can speak to about getting a visa to Mexico?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.
We do not have any Mexico specific immigration attorneys here, but I would be happy to try to assist you. Would you like to continue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can you tell me about this issue? Thanks!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
What is your status in Mexico? And is this just for a visitor visa to Mexico?
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Also, where does she live? What is your status where you live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a US citizen, and my wife is an Ugandan national. I want to know if she can get a visa to travel to Mexico? I know that she has to apply for one, but I am wishing to live there with her, as we have applied for a K-1 Visa here to the States and were told that we would have to get a co-sponsor, because I only have a half a year of recent tax returns, and they want at least three years.So, as I work in San Diego, California, I thought that it would be good to relocate to Rosarito Beach and rent an apartment there, and I could commute back and forth over the border to my job. We have a two-year old daughter together, who is a US citizen and she has a US passport.Can you tell me if this plan is feasible? Or is this too "far out"?
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
What is her status in the US? Does she have a green card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, she does not have a green card.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
OK, what is her status?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is an Ugandan national, with no US status, and she is currently staying in Uganda. My apologies, I forgot to add that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am just looking at an alternative way to be together. I thought a relocation to Mexico, as I told you in the message above, would be a good idea. I don't know if it is though, or how it could work.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Alright, well I think this is too far out of my wheelhouse to discuss Mexico.
I'm curious why you did not want to get a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked everyone I know, and they thought it was too risky, because of the legal obligation. So we have hit a dead end.Say, can you direct me towards a lawyer that does specialize in immigration and visas to Mexico?Thanks!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, we are prohibited from referring you to someone directly, for liability purposes. But I just did a simple Google search for "Mexico immigration attorney" and a few popped up.
I should say that you can have an attorney from any state represent you in immigration matters. So you don't have to have one from California.
I hope that helped. If you feel like I've been helpful, I would appreciate a positive rating (3 or more stars) for my assistance. If you feel I have not earned a positive rating, instead of leaving a negative rating, please do not leave a rating at all. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions