Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I contacted you a week ago regarding proxy marriage and f2a…

Customer Question
I contacted you a week...
I contacted you a week ago regarding proxy marriage and f2a visa for my wife
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/16/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.
So what may I answer for you?
I asked that question because I told you last time that I got my green card through grant of asylum.. The proxy marriage is for people who have special immigration situations like asylum.. There will any contradiction if we meet in my home country?One more question: is there any possibility for the proxy marriage f2a visa to be denied?
If you are looking for a 100% guarantee, you will not get one. But you are a U.S. Citizen right now? And as far as a proxy marriage, will you consummate it before you file any immigration paperwork?
No. I am not a US citizen. I am a permanent resident. Proxy marriage on 5/8/14.... Travel to a Turkey for 4 days 5/31-6/4/14.... Filing I 130 6/13/14
I need an answer regarding meeting with my wife in Egypt to add it as a second time in addition to the time we met in Turkey to consummate the marriage
That's not good. You are from Turkey and you asked for Asylum protection from Turkey and won? Or you are from Egypt and won Asylum protection from Egypt and won?
I am from Egypt
Ok. So have you file the I-130 yet? And when will you consummate the proxy marriage?
Sir,
I mentioned the dates before and I am going to repeat them again
Proxy marriage 8 May 2014
Consummation of the marriage in turkey from 5/31 to 6/4/2014
Filing I 130 on 13 June 2014
That was last year in 2014.I have a simple question: my home country is Egypt and I am a permenant resident through grant of asylum. Can I meet my wife in Egypt or it has to be in another country?
It has to be another country. The only time you will be able to safely travel to Egypt is after you become a U.S. Citizen. So until then, you need to meet in a third country. Let me know f you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!