How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the 407 document green card and I want to stay

Customer Question

I have the 407 document for my green card and I want to stay longer than 90 days. I am not sure if I will owe taxes or not. Where can I find out what my tax record is? I have not been in the US since 2000.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
An I-407 has to be filed with the US Embassy of consulate.
You are considered to have abandoned your permanent resident status upon filing the I-407.
What visa are you entering the US on for more than 90 days?
Will you earn any income in the US?