How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109303
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

GA-RP This question you answered. What is a legit

Customer Question

This is FOLLOW UP for the question you answered. What is a legitimate reason for me to stay longer than 90 days for visiting? I will visit family but would like to look for work and stay but don't have anything lined up right now.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  russell-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
If you are asking how you can extend your 90 day stay allowed on the ESTA Visa Waiver, unfortunately, while the ESTA is easy to get and easy to use, it is not allowed to be extended with the possible exception of 30 days in the case of an emergency. Other than that, you cannot extend the status nor can you change status while in the U.S. (unless you are the immediate relative of a U.S. Citizen spouse or U.S. Citizen son or daughter over 21, or you win Asylum or similar protection). Here is an official link to how to extend for 30 days in case of an emergency:
Additional information is that if you leave to any country EXCEPT Mexico, Canada or any of the adjoining islands to the U.S. for at least 1 day, you can come back and get 90 more days, but they will ask why you are coming back so soon, why you wouldn't do what you needed to do in your last trip, how you would be supporting yourself since you cannot work and what arrangements you have made to go back home. If they are not satisfied with your answers, they will send you back home. If you go to Canada, Mexico or any of the adjacent islands to the U.S., you have to go for at least 30 days before you can get a new 90 day period.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.