How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12291
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a confusing situation My I-612 was approved by

Customer Question

Hi I am in a confusing situation My I-612 was approved by the USCIS initially (application for J1 waiver based on hardship). A few days later I got an approval notice. Then again a few days later I got a mail to submit additional documentation for I-612
and submit DS3035. I am in the process of adjusting status to green card and my Eb1a is approved . Can I use I612 approval notice for the change of status? Online information is still displayed as 'case approved by' USCIS for form 612. Can I go ahead with
green card processing? Thanks Raghavendra Rao
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.
Please answer the following:
Did you ever submit the documentation requested?
What was the additional documentation they wanted?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As for I612, they asked for a set of documents I already submitted - like proof of caste and documentation for discrimination. I submitted clear evidence for these.
I have not submitted the DS 3035 yet as I just got the letter from USCIS.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
No need to write FOR JAMES once we've engaged in the question. That is only for future, new questions. Also, kindly rate my customer service before logging off today. You are the only person who decides if I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forge to do that for me.
QUESTION: Can I go ahead with green card processing?
ANSWER: This is a strange case. Since you have an approval, I don't see why you would not be able to file for the adjustment right now. It sounds like a mistake anyway.
But just in case, you should still submit the documentation. It does not matter that it still says it is approved online. Sometimes that is not updated immediately. You need to submit what they ask for, in order to safely move forward.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!