How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

i HAVE BEEN PETITONED BY MY FIANCEE TOGETHER WITH MY KIDS HOWEVER MY KIDS FOLLOWED ME AFTER.I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS WHEN MY KIDS ARRIVED.THEREFORE I GOT MY GC 1 MONTH AFTER THEIR ARRIAVAL IN THE US,due to financial difficulty we waited until we were able to file adjustment status for my kids.We filed first for my eldest and he got a visa of cf2 category 2 years permanent gc.6 months prior to my son's gc expiry,i filed I 90 for him to renew his after 15 months we got a letter from uscis denying renewal.we called immigration hotline and we were asked to do I the real thing now to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to be sure that i should be filing I 751,because they ownt refund the 490 I paid in filing for I 90
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And if i will do I 751 this time,what supporting docs should I give to avoid rfe.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.
As to your question, yes, the I-751 is correct. Just like you, when an individual gets a 2-year conditional green card, they have to apply for removal of conditions on the green card by filing form I-751, Application for removal of conditions.
But the I-751 cannot be filed any earlier than 90 days before the expiration of the conditional green card. So 90 days before it expires, file form I-751.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I think we are experiencing some technical issues. I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!