Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a green card and wondering if I need to renew it. I

Customer Question

I have a green card and wondering if I need to renew it. I also have a permanent resident card. Do I need a green card as well
Submitted: 2 years ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
The U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency card and the green card are the same thing. Is it a 2 year card or a 10 year card? When does it expire? How did you obtain it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel my request about the Green Card. Please refund my $38.00 to my account. Will be looking forward to seeing
my credit. you question was answered. Thank you
I'm not sure I understand. I cleared something up for you, yet you want a refund?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not see where you answered my question. What was your response. Thank you
I'd love to respond, but I don't see a question that you asked. It may be a technical issue. Can you repeat your question, please?
Ok. I ask that you PLEASE not log off without leaving a smiley face/positive rating. This is VERY important and we do not finish just because it says, “To finish…” This is a long explanation and I sincerely ***** ***** to leave a positive rating because if you do not, I am not compensated for taking the time and effort to write this long explanation for you and that would not be fair to me.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
A U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency card and a green card are the same thing. If your card does not have an expiration date on it, then you do not need to renew it. If it does have an expiration date on it, then you should renew it, or if you have 5 or more years of Residency, then you should apply for U.S. Citizenship. Here is a link to the form that is used to renew a 10 year green card (it is different if it is a 2 year green card):
http://www.uscis.gov/i-90
If you just want to apply for U.S. Citizenship without renewing the 10 year green card, then here is a link:
http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.