How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are both US citizens and our child was born in Canada.

Customer Question

We are both US citizens and our child was born in Canada. How do we register his birth?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
Did you never get a Consular Report Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America?
Do you have a photocopy of his US record of birth that you did receive?
Did he ever get a US passport?
When you sya you have been twice to the DC Dept of Immigrations, which office do you mean , USCIS?