How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help bring my relative in US but don't know which application

Customer Question

I need help bring my relative in US but don't know which application I filled because in application I-130 its showing only family members or marriage information but not relatives so I don't know how I bring my relatives in US. So I need help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you todya.
What is your immigration status in the US?
Who are the exact relatives that you want to bring in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am Citizen of US and I want to bring my Aunt Son as my Father Sister Son but don't know how to bring and which application can filled.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Your aunt's son? and your father's sister's son? TWO people?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Aunt means my Father Sister but not she her Son I want to bring her Son here.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Okay Chondra, unfortunately I am not going to have good news for you about this. I Hope you can understand that I dont make the law and I cannot change the law. I want to be honest with you but I hope you can still leave me a positing rating evne if you don't like the answer.
It is not possible for a US citizen to petition for cousins to come to the US. Us citizens are only allowed to petition for green cards for their husband/wife, parents, children, and brothers and sister.
Again, I"m very sorry about that.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is I also know in the application its showing if you are US Citizen than you can bring your brother sister mother father etc and if you have green card than you can only bring your wife in US this is I also know but I only tried to bring my Aunt Son. I also know USCIS laws and rules but not full.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
yes, that's correct. A green card holder cna only bring their wife/husband and childre.
Do you have another clarificaiton you need? If not please don't forget the rating. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but what rating you didn't help me in anything you said same thing which I already know. You didn't gave me any new information which helped me bringing him here so what rating. I want to bring my relative here but you immigration lawyer didn't helped me to bring here you didn't helped me that you can applied for him a tourist visa so he can came here as tourist for some days than he can try to find some job here and when he get job here than he can get worked permit and able to live here. So what immigrating lawyer you are I think I want to be a immigration lawyer.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Chandra: You asked me about the I-130 application. I answered your original question and explained to you that I-130 CANNOT be used for your aunt's son. I understood from our first question that you only wanted to bring them with the I-130 not as a tourist. Please remember that I do not know what you know already and I am not a mind reader.
Your aunt's son does have the option of applying for a few visas to come to the US. First there is the b1/b2 tourist . In order to be given this visa the cousin will have to prove that he has current STRONG ties to hishome country as proof that he will hav eno intention of coming to the US and then stayin permanently. If he can get this, they may give him the visa he cna enter legally.
Also he can try to appyl for a student visa if he is accepted to a school. It's similar to the B1/B2 tourist.
If your aunt's son is able to make it to the US, he needs to try to stay in a lawful status the entire time he is here. If he becomes illegal while in the US, he can never get another visa from inside the US unless he married a US citizen or has a US citizen child over 21 years old.
Hopefully that heps and answers your question on they can come here. Please consider issuing a positing rating. I appreciate it.

Related Immigration Law Questions