Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I just received my record suspension,do i have to worry about…

Customer Question
I just received my record...
I just received my record suspension,do i have to worry about a US waiver ??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/5/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.

What was the offense? What was the sentence?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
I still need to know, what was the offense? What was the sentence? If I get that information, I can tell you if you need a waiver or not.
*sigh* I don't understand why people come here for help and then refuse to respond to questions that doesn't cost them any additional fees. Bill, I need to know, what was the offense, where was it committed, what was the sentence and are you trying to get into the U.S. or trying to get into Canada?

I will assume that you are visiting the U.S. since you refuse to respond to me. You would have to file for a B-2 visa which can be found here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html

And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87150.pdf

You can find more information here:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,0930-labrie.shtm

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.