How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there another way to get it started in the

Customer Question

FOR JENNIFER. Is there another way to get it started in the US like going first with a turist/student visa and once there to apply for SSN and with that to retrive my dentist diploma ( I passed the board in 2003 and they will issue the liscence only with
a SSN) Watching the american news I see that it is quite simple for people, mainly from central and south America to came accross the southern US border and begin a new life regardless of their past history, education , ability to contribut to the country.
As a liscensed dentist in California there must be a way to obtain a visa with out all that complicated procedures.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me.
You can come to the US with a student visa or tourist visa if you choose and it would likely be faster. You would not be able to legally work in the US with either visa. You can be given a termporary SSN on a student visa while you are on OPT. For a student vis ayou must be accepted to a school and show proof.
However, if you are married to a US citizen you don't really need that. IF you are able to come in to the US with a b1/b2 tourist visa or visa waiver ESTA if you are British or have citizenshi from one of the ESTA countries, then once you are in the US and married to a US citizen, your spouse can petition for you to stay and get your green card here without you leaving. You would have a work authorization and SSN in about 3 months after applying. HOWEVER, You would just have to be careful with this because coming in on this visa or ESTA is to come for tourism only; you are not supposed to be coming in with intentions to stay in the US permanently. You would have to be prepared for questinoing to make sure that's not your intention CBP chooses to do it. Once you are in the US and you decide to stay here, that is different and that is legal.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.