How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4884
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to fill the who may file I-765 I'm stuck in this

Customer Question

I'm trying to fill the who may file I-765 I'm stuck in this question can anyone help me which one I'm trying to fill because there's so many options. I'm from Canada came to US and I'm trying to get a work permit. My friend said I should say E deferred action (c)(14) but I don't wanna fill the wrong one.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
You would need a basis to fill out the work permit. What visa are you under in the US?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I came with a native status card and I don't have a social from Canada they gave me paperwork to fill out and I'm stuck with that question. I'm applying for a permit and I need to know what category I am in image I-765
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There's so many to choose from and I don't want to fill out the wrong thing from the I-765 form I've been trying to look for help but no one can help me
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
SO you entered as a Canadian visitor?
You don't have a work visa?
Are you married to a US citizen?
Did you ask for asylum in the US?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am entered as Canadian visitor I don't have a work visa and I'm not married to anyone. I can come here on native status card
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, the reason that you haven't been able to find a category is because it doesn't appear that fit into any at this moment. In the US, to ask for a work authorization, you need to have an underlying basis. That means you need to have some other kind of petition pending or approved first. If you entered as a visitor, you are not allowed to stay here and work unless you get a work visa.
The deferred category is only if you requested a deferred status on your case. You would have to request that and have it approved and THEN you file the I-765. The I-765 is not first.
If you are an American Indian born in Canada, that is a different story and you would have to request permanent resident. You can read more about it here
I'm so sorry to give you these news. I wish I had better news. I don't make the law and I can't change it. Hopefully you can understand that and not shoot the messenger :)
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I explained to them at the office and gave them the card of how i came here. Native status card . And they said that I need to fill out the I-765 form. And send it in
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Which office?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I am doing some additional research on this to make sure and I will get back to you. No need to reply as that will delay the process.

Related Immigration Law Questions