Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Michelle. This is Marta, from Spain. I have been living

Customer Question
Hello Michelle. This is Marta...
Hello Michelle. This is Marta, from Spain. I have been living in Los Angeles for the last 5 years. I went to USA under a student Visa, last November my SEVIS was terminated by my school and I have overstayed in the USA for 5 months. I came back to my country due to problems in my family, but I would like to go back soon. If I go back as a tourist, they will let me enter? is there any way the don't penalize me for overstaying if I pay a ticket or something? thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/4/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
There is no Michelle in the US immigration law category and I would like to help you.
What was the exact date your SEVIS was terminated?
What was the exact date you departed the US?
Would you consider return to the US as a student?
Judith