How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3942
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Michelle. This is Marta, from Spain. I have been living

Customer Question

Hello Michelle. This is Marta, from Spain. I have been living in Los Angeles for the last 5 years. I went to USA under a student Visa, last November my SEVIS was terminated by my school and I have overstayed in the USA for 5 months. I came back to my country due to problems in my family, but I would like to go back soon. If I go back as a tourist, they will let me enter? is there any way the don't penalize me for overstaying if I pay a ticket or something? thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
There is no Michelle in the US immigration law category and I would like to help you.
What was the exact date your SEVIS was terminated?
What was the exact date you departed the US?
Would you consider return to the US as a student?