How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28944
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the United States , arrived here on the status of

Customer Question

I live in the United States , arrived here on the status of a refugee from Uzbekistan now has a green card , can I go on a visit to his country or not
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
You run the risk of having your permanent resident status revoked.
You claimed persecution from your home country. On your return yuo will be asked about why you had to visit the coutry where you claimed you would be persecuted in and how you were able to be there safely since you claimed living there was unsafe and a threat to your life.
If the officer is not satisfied with your answer you can be put in to removal proceedings and your asylum status and then your resident status can be revoked..
If you do go to the claimed country of persecution after being granted resident status and then return and apply for your citizenship you may be questioned during that interview about the same things and if they find you had no fear of persecution you can be put into proceedings at that time.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I just wanted to clarify , and I'm not going back to the country where I lived under the threat of me is very good, just stayed there my fiance and he does not know how you can come here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if he could come on a work visa and how it works a work visa ? or student
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and if you get a civilian US passport possible to go on a visit to Uzbekistan and then to come back here
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
If you get US citizenship you may travel to Uzbekistan with no worries of being able to come back.
Once you have US citizenship you are under the protection of the us government even while there.