Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

This is regarding my i-94 expiration and extension. My

Customer Question
Hi, This is regarding...
Hi, This is regarding my i-94 expiration and extension. My i -94 is getting expired in next few days and i have not filled for extension but i have valid USA H1B visa. i want to stay till AUG 2015. what all the options i can opt now to extend my i-94 now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/31/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
what all the options i can opt now to extend my i-94 now?
At this moment in order to stay until August legally, you would need to apply fo to a change of status to a B2 visa or an F-1 student vsa you wget an I-20 from a school. You need to make sure that USCIS RECEIVES your I-539 Change of Status application BEFORE the day your I-94 expires. That means you need to send it very soon Overnight service.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello there..
I see that you were able to view my answer. Did you have any other question or any clarification I can help you with? I would glad to do so. I want to make sure you understood what I explained.
ALso please kindly remember to leave a rating when you get a chance. It's the only way that I receive credit. Thanks so much!
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney