Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My i20 is terminated, sevis is transfered to other college.so…

Customer Question
Hi ,my i20 is terminated...
Hi ,my i20 is terminated, sevis is transfered to other college.so can I take transfer with terminated i20.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/28/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
How long ago was your SEVIS terminated?
Judith

Sevis is transfered. But the college terminated my i20 2days back

Thanks.
OK, you have to have the transfer-in school support your request for reinstatement.
You need to talk to the transfer-in school DSO if they will support your reinstatement and give you an I-20 for reinstatement.
Then you have to file for, I-539 with fee; new I-20 recommending reinstatement and your statement why you should be reinstated.
You must register for classes and attend school at the new transfer-in school while the reinstatement is pending.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith